Sizes and Weights
This is a question with so many different variables. What size are you making, how big do you want to make it, and how heavy or light do you want it to be? What size needles/hooks are you using? There's a lot to consider when asked how much yarn someone needs to get to make an item without a pattern. But as a fan of winging it, here are some very rough estimates for you:
- Socks: One skein of sock yarn will do it for an average-sized foot. If you want to make thicker socks, I will get 1-2 skeins of DK or Worsted. You might have extra left over, but that’s better than not having enough to finish a project.
- Accessories: Small Accessories like hats and cowls: 1-2 skeins of Sport, DK, Worsted, and 2 skeins of bulky.
- Scarves: 2-4 skeins of DK, Worsted, or Bulky
- Sweaters: 4-10 skeins. Please, please, please get a pattern for sweaters unless you’re super kick ass. If you are, you probably don’t need me to answer this because you already know.
- Blankets: 10-20 skeins of worsted weight. More if you want to use Bulky weight! This amound also HIGHLY depends on what you're making and your gauge.
But my best advice would be to find a pattern and work off their yardage and weight suggestions.
We do not. We are an online-only yarn shop currently. Our studio is currently located in Pensacola, Florida, but we are not able to host customers at this time. However, if you want to find some Bad Sheep Yarn out in the wild, we do have some wonderful shops that carry our products. You can find them here on our Stockist Page
All of our yarn is dyed and shipped from our studio in Pensacola, Florida.
This can happen with packages shipped through USPS. If you have received a notification that your package has shipped, it means that we have printed your shipping label, and it will be delivered to USPS either that day or the next business day. USPS tracking updates will sometimes take 4-6 business days to update.
If your package has shipped and you have still not seen an update within 7 business days, send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
USPS will sometimes mark packages as delivered by mistake. Please check with your mail carrier and the local post office to see if they know what might have happened with the package. If you believe your package was lost, send us a message here: Contact Us
We want you to absolutely LOVE your yarn. But we do understand that all our products are hand dyed and there can be human error.
-We offer returns and exchanges for our products within 30 days of purchase if the ties are not cut. Contact us for a Return or Exchange HERE
-We will not accept returns or exchanges if you have already cut ties, started caking, and/or already worked with our yarn.
But if you feel like we've wronged you horribly in some way, send us an email through our Contact form and we'll try to make it right.